Monday, April 12, 2010

In January 2009 I bought a Lenovo laptop which I duly registered with Lenovo. I was told that it had a warranty of one year. In December I got a call from a company called Aforeserve.com ltd. in Noida reminding me that my warranty was due to expire and offering to renew it for two years. On the first of January a man collected my check for Rs. 4900. All companies in and around Delhi are liars and cheats and I thought that I had been had when I heard nothing once the check was cashed. However after many emails they sent me a registration form and told me to register the extension of warranty with Lenovo in Bangalore. Accordingly I sent an email to spac@lenovowarranty.co.in requesting them to extend my warranty but they wanted a scan copy of the registration form. Not having a scanner I sent them a photocopy by post but they refused to accept it and,like brainless robots, insisted on a scan copy which I sent from an internet cafe. I received no reply from Lenovo. After many mails they eventually acknowledged receipt of the scan copy and said that this would show on my account. However till today they have not extended my warranty inspite of repeated reminders. I do not know if emails can be blocked but the last few mails have bounced back. I know that Chinese companies are good at producing low cost low grade goods and services but never expected Lenovo to be so poor seeing that it hopes to become a global company. Bangalore has been touted as the Silicon Valley of India but the employees at Lenovo are worse than third rate government clerks. Perhaps Lenovo is saving money by employing the rejects.

No comments: