Saturday, September 15, 2007

With the economy improving foreigners are arriving in increasing numbers to India. Imagine an Englishman arriving at IGI Airport, Delhi to be welcomed by a typical Delhiite. I imagine the conversation would go something like this - ' Good evening sirjee, myself Manish. Your good name John Makepiss? Welcome sirjee. You want bathroom? You want to do toilet or latrine? Don't know? Must be gas. My neighbourer had pijja and lady finger for lanch and was having terrible gas. Doctor said he has inphection of the cowlon. He died. Sad no? Now I am having his car. I buy it form his misses for 50000 bucks. It has no stepney and its self and shockers are slightly broken. My cobrother get me a driving licence for Rs. 500. Good to pay and get licence otherwise the RTO fellows send you up to the wall. No problem, all part of the game. My cobrother likes sports so I buy him two nikkers so he can play with his friends. Here is my car, sirjee. You sit in the front and I will put your suitcase in the backside. Don't worry sirjee, my dicky is very big.'
It is a fact that trade with the UK is not growing as the government would like.

No comments: