Thursday, February 28, 2013

An aam aadmi's lament.

I am a Mango People, not a son or daughter or son in law
Don't have any protection or pension or healthcare, never had any rights
Taxed on everything that I may need to somehow just survive
As I look up from my burdens I see an Embraer and AW101 in their flights.

I am a Mango People, a species found only in India
Required every five years from meaningless symbols to select
A hand, a cycle, a lantern who cares what they stand for
Murderers, bandits, rapists are among those I am forced to elect.

I am a Mango People, when it costs crores  for the tiniest shed
How can I afford proof of address that they ask for all the time
Mug shots, prints of all ten fingers and retinal scan they demand
If only they would tell me what I am guilty of, just to be born seems to be my crime.

I am a Mango People, they promised wealth and economic growth
Trade and Fiscal and Current Account deficits are the ones that are growing
CPI at over 10% invites downgrade to junk credit rating
To enjoy spending tens of crores to Davos they are going.

I am a Mango People, it is for my protection they say
Hundreds of billions of dollars on defence they do spend
When China is damming the Brahmaputra and Pakistan our soldiers behead
On " bended knees " they go our enemies to befriend.

Will today's budget make any difference? It will try to entice people into shares, make it difficult to buy gold and protect black money in properties. Same old, same old.




No comments: